To view the list of assignments go to the top nav bar and select MANAGE > MANAGE ASSIGNMENTS. By default, the assignments are listed by the date they are due by, then by their title. Should you wish to reorder the assignment list shown simply click on the column header:
- Assignment Title - displayed alphabetically
- Learners - by the number of users in that assignment
- Courses - by the number of courses in that assignment
- Available From - when the assignment becomes available
- Due Date - the date the assignment work is due by
- Available Until - the date the assignment will cease to be available
Modifying assignment details
In order to edit an assignment, it must be selected from the assignment list. You will then be taken to the details page of that assignment. The details page displays the assignment's title, available to and from dates, the assignment due dates, edit courses, edit users, and an option to delete the assignment.
Tip Adding and removing courses and users from the assignment follows a similar procedure in the Adding Courses and Adding Users section.
Click "EDIT ASSIGNMENT" to bring up the assignment details modal. This area will allow you to change the assignment's title along with key dates related to that assignment. These dates are:
- Available From - Set the first date that the assignment becomes visible to the assignment's users. This is set to be the day of the assignment's creation by default. The assignment becomes available on the Available From date at 00:00 UTC.
- Promotion Date - Learners can receive a promotional email about the assignment on a specific date this will be sent at 10:00 UTC.
- Due Date - Set the final day when assignment submissions are still considered submitted on time. Assignment submissions are considered late when submitted after 23:59 UTC of the Due Date. Assignments submitted after the Due Date will be counted as late. By default, this is set to "NONE". To remove a Due Date simply set it to "NONE". This section will also show how many days in advance the Assignment Due reminders are sent out before the due date.
- Available Until - Set the final day that the user can still have access to the assignment. The assignment will cease to be available on the day set at 23:59 UTC. This is set to "FOREVER" by default. Set it to "FOREVER" to allow the assignment users access to the assignment course(s) until further notice.
NB Editing the Due Date will affect whether a user's submission is considered "late" e.g. a "late" course attempt would be remarked as "on-time" should the Due Date be edited to a date before that late submission date.
When changing these values it is useful to make note of the help text to ensure the assignments access behaves as expected, clicking the forever button will make the assignment available indefinitely.
Please be aware that changing the group associated with a group assignment has the potential to permanently delete data: when the group is changes the users on the assignment will be updated - and users that are no longer in the assignment will have their assignment progress removed. As such you will see a warning when you attempt to change group. Click CONFIRM when presented with this warning modal to confirm your decision. Or click CANCEL to be returned back to the previous modal with your current pending changes intact. If the assignment was created by adding individual users to a user assignment you are able to remove individual users from that assignment and retain their learning data. These users will show in grey and display the removed user icon on the group reports for that assignment.
Deleting the assignment
Clicking on the DELETE ASSIGNMENT button from the assignment details page will load a confirmation window, allowing you to cancel the deletion of the assignment if needed.
NB This action will permanently remove the assignment from the organisation and remove any data related to it, including the progress of particular learners on modules contained within the assignment.