Access to a course is managed by making it available to user groups. When adding or editing a course you can select the user group(s) you wish to make it available to.
To see which courses each group has access to:
Select “Manage > Users and groups” from the top menu then select the group from groups panel. Then click the “Courses”tab in the main panel of the page to see a list of all the courses available to that group.
To change which groups have access to a course there are two options.
- Go to “Manage>Users and groups” on the top menu.
- In the first panel select a group; then in the main panel select the “Courses” tab.
- To change a course’s availability to that group, click on its name.
- From the course details screen select “MANAGE AVAILABILITY” on the availability panel, then select which groups that course should be available to with the toggle switches.
- Go to “Manage>Courses” on the top menu.
- Select a course by clicking on its “DETAILS” button.
- Click “MANAGE AVAILABILITY” on the availability panel, then select which groups that course should be available to with the toggle switches.
NB Making a course available to a parent user group will automatically mean that members of all its child user groups can also access that course (because those users must be members of the parent group too). See more about group hierarchies.
To make a course available to everyone in the system, select the all users group and on the availability.
As soon as a course’s availability is switched on, the course will be visible on the personal homepage of each of that group’s members..
Users may be members of several groups, and on their personal homepage a user will see all the courses that are available to them across all the groups they are a member of. However, if a course is available to more than one of the groups they are in, they will only see it listed once.